Recipe by SeÃ±or B. from Lake Forrest, CA
Dress up your favorite DON MIGUEL® GRANDITO® Burritos with a real, homemade sauce that gives this dish a really big kick of flavor. The addition of savory beans, melted cheese and authentic spices make this dish a filling lunch or dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (8-ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 DON MIGUEL® GRANDITO® Bean and Cheese Burritos
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (3.8-ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Prepare Sauce:
- In saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir until smooth. Slowly stir in water.
- Bring mixture to boil. Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Simmer, uncovered, 5 more minutes or until thickened.
- Prepare Casserole:
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Put 6 DON MIGUEL® GRANDITO® Bean and Cheese Burritos in lightly greased 9 x 12 inch baking dish.
- Pour thickened butter and tomato sauce over burritos.
- Sprinkle with cheese, olives and green onions.
- Bake uncovered at 350° F. for 35 to 40 minutes, or until burritos are fully cooked.