Recipe by Don Miguel
Looking for a warm, crunchy, cheesy, home-y meal that you can serve to any group on any occasion? This skillet will satisfy and impress with it’s mouth watering presentation and unmistakable flavor. In only 30 minutes you can transform any given night with some classic mexican cuisine and skillet flare. Get fancy the easy, tasty way.
- 1 Jar LA VICTORIA®, SUPREMA®, Salsa Mild
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 4 Corn Tortillas Torn into 1/4 pieces
- 1/2 Cup Quality Sour Cream
- 4 Cups Cooked Rotisserie Chicken Shredded
- 1 Can Black Beans Rinsed
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Heat oil in a 10" heatproof skillet over medium. Add onion, garlic, cumin and salt. Then cook, stirring, until softened.
- Move onion mixture to a big bowl; reserve hot skillet. Add salsa, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1/4 cup water to onion mixture and stir to combine. Fold in chicken, tortillas and beans until fully covered. Return mix to skillet and cook over medium heat until warmed through. Sprinkle cheese over.
- Move skillet to the oven. Bake until cheese is melted/bubbling. Top with sour cream, jalapeños,cilantro or whatever toppings you crave and enjoy!