Recipe by MegaMex Foods
Whether you’re watching the big game on Sunday or just relaxing with friends and family, Taco Pie is a great way to serve up delicious Mexican-inspired food everyone will enjoy. Made with your choice of DON MIGUEL® Chicken & Cheese Mini Tacos, this recipe comes together quickly and easily.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican 3-Cheese Blend
- 3/4 Cup Diced Onion
- 1-2 Ounces Taco Seasoning
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Package Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Corn Kernals
- 4 Ounce Can of Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion until no longer pink. Drain.
- Move meat to the skillet and stir in taco seasoning, green chiles, bell pepper and ¾ cup water.
- Reduce heat and cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring consistently. Add corn and shredded cheese during the final minutes of cooking.
- Mold beef mixture into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine corn muffin mix, milk, and egg. Mix well. Spoon batter over top of pie.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown. If the topping starts to brown too quickly before it has cooked through, just cover the top lightly with foil and continue baking.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.