Recipe by MegaMex Foods
A fantastic Sunday morning breakfast recipe. Salsa verde chilaquiles are a traditional Mexican delicacy only improved with salsa verde made from LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce.
- 4 Handfuls Tortilla Chips
- 3/4 Cup LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce
- 4 eggs Beaten
- 3 Tsp. Canola Oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Cumin Ground
- 1/2 Tsp. Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded Mexican 3-Cheese Blend
- Serve With Quality Sour Cream, Freshly Chopped Cilantro and LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Heat oil in an oven-safe cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add tortilla chips and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- In a separate bowl combine beaten eggs, cheese, chopped cilantro, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce.
- Pour egg mixture in cast iron skillet directly over the toasted tortilla chips. Top with more shredded cheese.
- Place in oven and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until egg is cooked through and golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and garnish with Mexican crema or sour cream and LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce.