Recipe by Don Miguel
Whether it’s breakfast for two or brunch for a crowd, DON MIGUEL® Mexican Breakfast Casserole features a new variation on the enduring favorite egg bake. This dish adds phenomenal Mexican flavor, sure to become an instant classic at your next breakfast get together. Pair with the DON MIGUEL® THE WHOLE 9 YARDS! Breakfast Burrito.
- 20 Ounces Refrigerated Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 Pound Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 10 Eggs
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Ounce Taco Seasoning
- 1 3/4 Cups LA VICTORIA® Salsa
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Place hash browns and 1 tbsp of taco seasoning mix in a bowl. Mix to coat potatoes evenly. Pat in baking dish.
- Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage and onion over medium/medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked then drain.
- Beat eggs, cheese, milk, salt, pepper and remaining taco seasoning mix in same bowl with whisk until well mixed. Stir in sausage mixture and salsa. Carefully pour over hash browns in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered about 40 minutes or until eggs are set in center. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.