Recipe by Don Miguel
This Rice and Beans with Chicken and Chorizo Recipe is simple and tasty, bursting with traditional Mexican flavor. Make dinner easy as well as delicious.
- 2 ounces Chorizo Sausage Diced
- 1 pound Boneless Chicken Breasts Diced
- 15 ounces Black Beans Rinsed and Drained
- 1 1/2 cups Plum Tomato Chopped and Seeded
- 5 ounces Yellow Rice
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Heat a hefty skillet over medium high heat; coat with pam (cooking spray).
- Add chicken; sauté 7 minutes or until browned. Mix up tomato, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper,1/3 cup water, and chorizo; heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until thickened. Stir in beans; cook until thoroughly hot.
- Spoon 1/2 cup rice onto 4 plates; Put 1 cup chicken mixture on top of each serving