Recipe by MegaMex Foods
DON MIGUEL® Quesadilla Fresca makes a great snack for a few people, or serve it up as a hearty meal for one. Try spicing up it up even more with some guacamole or salsa like we did, or add your own flair, with chopped green chiles, jalapeños, cilantro, hot sauces and more.
- 6 Ten Inch Flour Tortillas
- 3.5 Cups Crumbled Queso Fresco Cheese
- 3 Tomatoes Thinly Sliced
- 7 Scallions Julienned
- 1 Bunch Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- Clarified Butter
- 1 Jar CHI-CHI'S or LA VICTORIA® Salsa
- Lay 2 tortillas out flat on cutting board. Scatter the cheese evenly between the 2 tortillas. Arrange sliced tomatoes over the cheese. Distribute cilantro and scallions on top of the tomatoes.
- Place the other tortillas on top of each of the prepared tortillas.
- Coat the interior of a large saute pan with butter. Gently place 1 quesadilla in the pan. Brush the top with clarified butter.
- Cook on medium until the base is golden brown. Using 2 spatulas, flip the quesadilla. Cook until golden brown. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with Salsa.